It is the organisers’ intention to put on a great event which will be enjoyed by everyone, raising as much as possible for a great cause.
Whilst not wishing to be overly bureaucratic, there are a few rules. Your entry into the race is deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- Runners take part at their own risk. The organisers will not be responsible for any injuries sustained or property lost or damaged.
- Similarly, spectators attend this event at their own risk. The organisers will not be responsible for any injuries sustained or property lost or damaged.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferrable and cannot be deferred.
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications.
- Eligibility for age categories is based on runner’s age on race day.
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or be unfit to compete.
- In entering the event, you (or your parent/guardian) confirm that you are medically fit to compete with no medical disability that will endanger yourself or other participants.
- Medical information: If you have any allergies or existing medical condition which may require special attention, eg, epilepsy, diabetes or a history of heart problems, please write brief details on the back of your race number in waterproof ink.
- It is the responsibility of runners to ensure their timing chip is securely attached to their shoe. Runners who take part without their timing chip will not be recorded, nor will they receive a medal. Runners’ times will not be entered manually after the event.
A replacement fee will be charged to runners who do not bring their timing chip with them on race day.
- Runners must return their timing chip to the organisers at the end of the race. If they are unable to take part, they should return it in the prepaid envelope to the organisers.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event if adverse weather should make conditions too dangerous or a serious incident occurs that prevents the race from going ahead. In the event of such cancellation, no refunds will be given.
- No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the organisers’ control.
- For details of the team competition rules, please see the Teams page.
- No dogs (with the exception of assistance dogs) are permitted in the school grounds. Please leave your dogs at home (not in your parked car).
- As this event is in the public domain, by entering and participating you agree to the possible photographic and/or video recording of you and/or your children.
- The decision of the Race Director is final.
Headphones & MP3 players
It is important that you are able to hear and respond to race instructions, warnings and traffic before, during and also after your race. If you choose to wear headphones whilst participating in this event, you must be prepared to accept full responsibility for your own safety and for the safety of others who may be affected.